The beginning of education in the field of civil engineering in Romania is related to the name of the great scholar Gheorghe Asachi, who founded at Iaşi in 1813 a "Class of Surveyors and Civil Engineers". Higher education in the field of civil engineering in our country was initiated by Gheorghe Asachi who founded in 1848 the first High School for Applied Civil Engineering.
Later on, in 1941, the Faculty of Civil Engineering, including architectural studies as well, became part of the Polytechnic School of Engineering of Iaşi. In 2005, through a Government decision became The Faculty of Civil Engineering and Building Services.
About the Faculty
Our mission is to instruct, educate, develop and monitor students in order to achieve the required competencies and skills for a successful engineer who will work as practitioner in civil engineering design, construction's sites, construction management, maintenance and research.
Nowadays, the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Building Services, the largest faculty within "Gheorghe Asachi" Technical University of Iaşi, offers to its students the opportunity to attend both in Romanian and English, various study programmes that cover all the specializations in this field groups.