The enrolment of foreign students to PhD studies is made according to the Ministry of Research and Education Order no. no. 5357 from 17.03.2017 and Government Resolution No. 681/2011.
The European Union citizens benefit of the same admission conditions and same entrance fee as the Romanian students.
Registration for the admittance contest for Romanian candidates as well as candidates from EU states requires candidates to present to the Rectorate – Doctoral Services (C.S.U.D.), an envelope type folder containing the following documents:
- Registration request, which specifies the field, form of study, doctoral supervisor, foreign language for the linguistic competence exam (English, French, German), as well as the higher education institution and the graduation specialty of the candidate. The request is registered with the university Registry;
- Registry Form which includes the necessary data for keeping track of candidates;
- Xerox copies (uncertified) of the following documents, on which there shall be mentioned (in capital letters on each page, in the down right corner) – „ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL”, date, surname and name and signature of the candidate:
- Identification papers;
- birth certificate;
- marriage certificate (as is the case) or name change certificate;
- High school diploma or equivalent, with its annexes (transcript of grades, addend etc);
- graduation diploma of a higher education institution or equivalent with its annexes (transcript of grades, addend etc);
- master’s degree/certificate or equivalent with its annexes diploma de master /proof of equivalent (transcript of grades, addend etc.) for Bologna graduates (admitted to graduate studies starting with 2005);
For candidates to scholarship of normal attendance or no scholarship and reduced attendance, the following original documents are requested: bachelor’s degree with transcript of grades/ addend and master’s degree with transcript of grades/addend (or graduation certificate) instead of xerox copies.
Study diplomas obtained abroad must be validated at the M.E.N. / CNRED before submitting the registration file.
For the validation of the copies of above-mentioned documents, candidates must present the original documents.
- Standard Medical Certificate – issued by the family medicine physician which should attest to the fact that the candidate is not suffering from mental or contagious conditions;
- Scientifical activity statement and list of scientific papers developed and published by the candidate (as is the case);
- EUROPASS format CV;
- Receipt of registration tax payment, the value of which is established by the Administrative Council and approved by the Senate (with the exception of university employees, who shall present the employment certificate and for whom the registration tax for the doctorate admittance is half the sum for the rest of the candidates). The tax will be paid at the university cashier’s office. Candidates whose parents are or were didactic or auxiliary-didactic personnel are exempt from paying the registration tax. They will include in the registration file a certificate attesting that at least one parent is or was employed by an educational institution. The admittance committee may decide to exempt other candidates of the tax payment for other special situations.
Candidates from third EU countries will be admitted to doctoral studies in conditions established by the Methodology for schooling foreign citizens from third EU states to accredited state and private study programs in Romania revised annually by the Ministry of Education and Research. The foreign citizens will present a certificate of linguistic competence of at least B1, issued by accredited higher education institutions in Romania which organize the preparatory Romanian language year for foreign citizens or by language literature, culture and civilization lectureships in foreign universities/Romanian Language Institute or Romanian Cultural Institute. If they do not have a such certificate, they have to get one until the final of the first year. International English, French German certificates as well as certificates issued by cultural centers and centers from accredited universities are also equated if still valid.
The documents for enrolment to PhD studies will be presented in original and translated into an international language, compulsory certified by the Romanian Embassy in the issuing country. These documents are:
The request acceptance of the Letter of the study (Appendix no. 2), in duplicate;
- Study document – authenticated copy and translation – which qualifies the person for that form of education (high school diploma, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent);
- Transcripts – copy and translations – related studies and syllabus, for candidates applying for recognition of study periods;
- Preparatory year diploma or certificate of proficiency, as applicable;
- Birth certificate – copy and authorized translation
- Copy of passport;
- Medical certificate (in an international language) proving that the person to enrol in studies not suffer from contagious diseases or other illnesses incompatible with the future profession. The above-mentioned documents and the recommendation from the future scientific coordinator of their PhD studies will be submitted to the Ministry of Research, Education and Youth in order to obtain the approval of enrolment to PhD studies.
The fees for candidates outside the European Union, stipulated in Ordinance no. 22/1999 are:
- 290 Euro registration fee;
- 290 Euro each exam and written report within the PhD program;
- 540 Euro for the doctoral thesis defense
For more details, please see: http://www.doctorat.tuiasi.ro/doc/DOCUMENTE_SUSTINERE/PO.CSUD.01%20E1R0%20Procedura%20sustinere%20%20teza%20doctorat_final%20_EN.pdf
or contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org