Doctoral studies are the third advanced academic training cycle following Bachelor and Master programs, according to the Bologna agreement. The doctoral program, the conditions for enrolment to doctoral studies, the training program, the public presentation of the thesis and getting the doctoral degree are regulated mainly by The Romanian Law of National Education No. 1/2011 and Government Resolution No. 681/2011 – Doctoral Academic Studies Code with subsequent amendments and completions.
Doctoral studies can be funded from the national budget, from other legally constituted foundations or personally. The financing of doctoral studies can also be carried out by legal entities under private law or by research and development institutes, based on a grant agreement.
Check available grants at: www.doctorat.tuiasi.ro
Director of the Doctoral Studies Board (C.S.U.D.) – prof. univ. dr. habil. ing. Alina Adriana MINEA
Members of the Doctoral Studies Board (CSUD):
I – Directors of the Faculties Coordination Councils of doctoral programmes (CCPD)
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Octavian PASTRAVANU – Faculty of Automatic Control&Computer Engineering
- Conf. univ. dr. ing. Petru MIHAI – Faculty of Civil Engineering&Building Services and Faculty of Hydrotechnics, Geodesy&Environmental Engineering
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Oana DODUN DES PERRIERES – Faculty of Machine Manufacturing&Industrial Management
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Antonela CURTEZA – Faculty of Design and Business Management
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Radu Gabriel BOZOMITU – Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications&Information Technology
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Alexandru SĂLCEANU – Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Nicolae HURDUC – „Cristofor Simionescu” Faculty of Chemical Engineering&Environmental Protection
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Corneliu MUNTEANU – Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Leandru Gheorghe BUJOREANU – Faculty of Material Science&Engineering
II – Voted members from TUIASI – PhD advisers
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Irina VOLF – „Cristofor Simionescu” Faculty of Chemical Engineering&Environmental Protection
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Andrei BURLACU – Faculty of Civil Engineering&Building Services
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Mihai GAVRILAȘ – Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications&Information Technology
III – Voted members from TUIASI – PhD students
- Raul-George CIUBOTARIU – Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Iolanda FUSTES-DAMOC – „Cristofor Simionescu” Faculty of Chemical Engineering&Environmental Protection
- Adi Cătălin POPA – Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Mădălina ROMAN (NECHIFOR) – Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Director of Doctoral School – prof. univ. dr. ing. Maria GAVRILESCU
Doctoral School Board (CSD)
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Leon FLORIN – Faculty of Automatic Control&Computer Engineering
- Conf. univ. dr. ing. Adam MARICEL – Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Ioan DOROFTEI – Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Prof. univ. dr. ing. Horia IOVU – University „Politehnica” Bucharest
- PhD student Vasile GROSU – Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications&Information Technology
- PhD student Andrei RĂȚOI – Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
The doctoral education in TUIASI main aims are:
- the advancement of knowledge;
- preparing talented young people for high quality scientific research, university careers, and the direction of complex organizations.
Entrance to the doctoral programs is competitive and exclusively based on talent and merit.
TUIASI offers doctoral studies in 13 research fields, summarized as:
- Engineering sciences, more exactly: chemical engineering; civil engineering and installations; computers and information technology; electrical engineering; electronics, telecommunications and informational technologies; energy engineering; engineering and management; environmental engineering; industrial engineering; materials engineering; mechanical engineering; systems engineering.
- Exact sciences (chemistry)
The European Doctorate
The idea of a European Doctorate (European PhD or Doctor Europaeus/ Europaea) originated from an informal initiative in 1991 of the former Confederation of European Union Rectors’ Conferences concerning requirements for the award of a „Doctor Europaeus”. Several European Doctorates programmes are now offered by European universities.
A European Doctorate Certificate is awarded when the student meets several criteria established by TUIASI, in accordance to European regulations. More information about specific conditions and opportunities for research and cooperation can be found at the following link.
- prof.dr.habil.eng. Alina Adriana MINEA
Director of Doctoral School
- prof.dr.eng. Maria GAVRILESCU
- eng. Cristina NAGÎŢ
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +40-232-702515
- Phone/Fax: +40-232-212326
- Website: http://www.doctorat.tuiasi.ro/
TUIASI is organizing, on regular bases, a number of events dedicated to:
- Promoting our best PhD students’ achievements
- webinars for PhD students’ training and transferable skills sharpening
- Foster cooperation and increase the visibility of the research performed in the Doctoral School.
More information about our Events can be found here.